Elderly Care – Long-Term Project
FJCU serve the elderly citizens at Sisters of Providence Miracle Home in Taishan by having our students interact with the residents there. Together they create artworks which showcase their artistic abilities, or they display their confidence through fashion shoots and runway shows. These activities lessen the elderly’s sense of loneliness, and spur a creative and active kind of aging.
Our Bonding Between Young and Old project focuses on two key themes: social design and service design. Elderly people who live alone can interact and work with our young students to create an artwork together; our students also propose solutions to whatever needs the elderly may have in clothing and textiles through observation and design.
Related practical events:
* A New Atmosphere for Healthy Diet – The “Happy Dinner Table Project” for Families
* Promoting Healthy Meals While Dining Out – Healthy Lunchbox Contest
* FJCU Community Health Care Project – Promoting Health and Good Nutrition in Senior Citizens
* Long-Term Health Care Project for the Elderly – Let FJCU Care for Your Golden Years
* Bonding Between Young and Old – Fashion Design for the Elderly to Live Fashionably
* Companionship for the Elderly Project – FJCU is Always by Your Side
* FJCU’s Active Promotion of Epidemic Prevention Education in Local Communities
* FJCU’s Long-term Engagement in Health Care Education in Local Communities