SDGs 16, 17
Associate Professor Chia-chen Lu from the Department of Respiratory Therapy is a consultant for the Taiwan Society for Respiratory Therapy, and sits on various Ministry of Examination committees that preside over national examinations as well as the design and review of the questions on said exams.
In his role as secretary-general of the Respiratory Therapists Society of the Republic of China, Assistant Professor Shih-hsing Yang from the Department of Respiratory Therapy attended conferences held by the Ministry of Health and Welfare, the National Health Insurance Administration, the Joint Commission of Taiwan, and so forth as a representative of the society, offering his expertise and suggestions.
In her time as council member and executive director of the Taiwan Society for Respiratory Therapy, Fang Jung, lecturer from the Department of Respiratory Therapy, attended conferences held by the Ministry of Labor, the Ministry of Health and Welfare, the office of legislator Ching-yi Lin, and so forth as a representative of the society, offering her expertise and suggestions.
Related practical events:
* FJCU’s involvement in central government policies
* FJCU established an innovation index for the international accreditation of health-promoting schools in Taiwan, and proposed a policy for health-promoting schools. It also assisted in advancing the Ministry of Education’s lifelong learning goals by setting up University of Third Age, giving the elderly a college experience.
* Provided the competent authorities with expert advice on the drafting of policies regarding respiratory treatment.
* Provided the government with advice on establishing policies concerning cervical cancer testing.
* Assisted the government in formulating policies regarding HPV vaccination risk assessment, control, and monitoring.
* Oversaw the design of clinical skills questions on national examinations for medical practitioners in Taiwan, and assigned faculty to serve on examination committees to decide the focus of each year’s examinations and to create the actual questions.
* Discussed and reviewed maritime adjudications in Taiwan, and provided recommendations for future legislation in maritime procedure.