During the second semester of the 2013 school year, FJCU established a Special Education Implementation Committee. With the President serving as Chairman, the committee holds a meeting every semester. The purpose of the meetings is to plan how the school would provide academic and life guidance, support, and counseling services to special education students. The main responsibilities of the committee are as follows:
1. To review FJCU’s special education programs and related regulations, execution and results of projects, allocation and usage of funds, and implementation of FJCU’s special education student recruitment program.
2. Coordinate with various departments to provide administrative support for special education students, and to provide other services so as to ensure equal learning opportunities for special education students.
3. To improve campus accessibility as well as to plan and supervise the improvement of the campus’ special education support system.
The Special Education Implementation Committee held four meetings from 2018 to 2019.
Related practical events:
* FJCU has taken concrete actions to ensure gender equality
* FJCU has worked to create a friendly campus and good learning environment for indigenous students
* FJCU has taken concrete actions to ensure that special needs students have access to education.