Information on policies which help safeguard against discrimination towards women are as follows:
- June 2nd, 2005 – The motion to form a gender equity education committee was passed at an administrative meeting, placing clear emphasis on gender equity.
- July 6th, 2005 – The FJCU Regulations Governing the Prevention of Sexual Assault and Sexual Harassment was formulated. The regulations stipulated that all staff and students of FJCU should respect diversity and differences in gender in the course of academic activities both on and off campus, in the discharging of duties, as well as in social interactions.
- March 6th, 2008 – The FJCU Regulations Governing the Prevention of Sexual Harassment was passed with the aim of preventing sexual harassment and safeguarding the rights of the victims, so as to provide a workplace environment free of sexual harassment.
- Equal opportunity for acceptance into the school for female students.
- Each school committee is to include a certain percentage of female members; for example, the gender equity education committee has a total of 21 members with more than half of them female.
- Menstrual leave stipulated, allowing for one day’s leave per month. There is no need to provide any proof to take this leave in the interest of respecting one’s privacy.
- Pregnancy leave and childcare leave stipulated; students may apply to extend their period of suspension from studies for the purpose of childcare.
- Female teachers who experience physical discomfort due to pregnancy or, because of illness or injury, are rendered unable to engage in teaching or research may apply to extend their teacher evaluation period by two years.
- Full-time and part-time female teachers are entitled to childcare leave, menstrual leave, maternity leave, pregnancy leave, as well as unpaid parental leave.
- There are a total of 5 breastfeeding rooms on campus for use by female staff and students.
- September 5th, 2019 – The Guidelines for the Counseling of Student Pregnancy and Settlement Matters were passed at an administrative meeting, safeguarding the right to education of female students who are pregnant or with young children. Confidentiality measures will also be adopted in order to protect the privacy of students.
- October 24th, 2019 – The Environmental Protection, Safety, and Health Committee formulated the FJCU Female Workers Maternal Health Protection Plan in accordance with current policies to push for an employee-friendly workplace and to provide female staff with a safe and healthy work environment.
Timeline of Relevant Policies
- June 2nd, 2005 – Motion to form gender equity education committee passed at administrative meeting.
- July 6th, 2005 – FJCU Regulations Governing the Prevention of Sexual Offences and Sexual Harassment formulated.
- September 5th, 2019 – Guidelines for the Counseling of Student Pregnancy and Settlement Matters passed.
- October 24th , 2019 – FJCU Female Workers Maternal Health Protection Plan formulated.
Timeline for Review of Relevant Policies
- July 9th, 1992 – Guidelines regarding pregnancy leave amended.
- December 15th, 2005 – Guidelines regarding paternity leave updated.
- March 6th, 2008 – FJCU Regulations Governing the Prevention of Sexual Harassment passed at the 6th administrative meeting of the academic year.
- June 4th, 2020 – The Regulations on the Prevention and Handling of Sexual Assault, Sexual Harassment, and Sexual Bullying on Campus amended at school affairs meeting.